- whatever you post remains your property and whatever we post remains our property
- you give us a license to use whatever you post and we give you a license to use whatever we post
- you will not commit any unlawful acts on the site
- we are not liable for any damages from using the site
This agreement is effective as of November 20, 2007.
We may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by us on the website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use Zipalong after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Use of and registration with Zipalong is void where prohibited. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your use of Zipalong does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your account may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 13 years of age.
Term of Agreement
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you are a User of Zipalong. You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by writing to us at email@example.com. Zipalong may terminate your account at any time, without warning. Even after your account is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
Registration Data; Account Security
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Company, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Content Posted on the Site
Content on Zipalong is either User Content or Site Content.
You are solely responsible for the photos, profile (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through Zipalong, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content").
You represent and warrant that:
- you own the Content posted by you on or through Zipalong or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and
- the posting of your Content on or through Zipalong does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through Zipalong.
You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site or Service that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may delete or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to the Company.
Licence to User Content
Zipalong does not claim any ownership rights in the User Content. By posting User Content on or through Zipalong, you hereby grant to Zipalong an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content solely on and through Zipalong for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content. When you post User Content to the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your User Content.
All content on the Site and available through the Service, including designs, text, graphics, photos, videos, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are the proprietary property of the Company, its users or its licensors with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Company's prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content that you legally post on the Site.
Zipalong is for the personal use of Users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the Company. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Company, including collecting user-names and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to Zipalong is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from User profiles without notice and may result in termination of User privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of Zipalong.
In addition, you agree not to use Zipalong to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from Zipalong by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use Zipalong in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with Zipalong;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original art or animation created by you or your friends;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on Zipalong.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Zipalong to terminate the privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Zipalong by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on Zipalong in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Zipalong;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
The Company is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Service, whether posted or caused by users of the Site, by Zipalong, by third parties or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site or the Service. We do not control and are not responsible for what users post, transmit or share on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third Party Applications or Software. The Company is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site or Service.
Zipalong may contain links to other websites. The Company is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by the Company. Inclusion of any linked website on Zipalong does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by the Company. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
Zipalong may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. The Company is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to User's or to any other person's computer or other hardware or software, related to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service, any User Content or Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between users of the Site, whether online or offline.
The Service is provided "AS-IS" and as available and the Company expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Company cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of Zipalong.
The Company reserves the right to change any and all content, software and other items used or contained in the Site and any Services and Platform Applications offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Company.
Limitation on Liability
In no event shall the Company be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profit damages arising from your use of the services, even if the company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Company's liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to the company for the service during the term of membership.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Zipalong Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
All disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement, or in respect of any legal relationship associated with or derived from this agreement, shall be arbitrated and finally resolved, pursuant to the National Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc. The place of arbitration shall be Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Part or all of the arbitration may be conducted by telephone, e-mail, internet or electronic communication. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. In no event shall any claim, action or proceeding by you related in any way to the Site and/or the Service (including your visit to or use of the Site and/or the Service) be instituted more than three (3) years after the cause of action arose.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Applications, Software or Content you post or share on or through the Site, your use of the Service or the Site, your conduct in connection with the Service or the Site or with other users of the Service or the Site, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
Definitions and Constructions
Unless otherwise specified, the terms "includes", "including", "for example", and other similar terms are deemed to include the term "without limitation" immediately thereafter. Terms used in these Terms with the initial letter(s) capitalized will have the meaning attributed to them in these Terms.